Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Return Trip

I went out and watered some plants with the water hose this morning to help Barb. I felt some discomfort in my rib cage but bearable. I wanted to help her out since she watered for two hours yesterday evening because of the drought. This afternoon it was off to the doctor to make sure I am on the road to recovery with no speed bumps on the horizon. (We would rather be on the road with our HitchHiker, but that will come in due time.) She said my lungs sounded good and I was coming along well for four or five broken ribs. She prescribed a pain killer that is not a controlled dangerous substance to transition to as I continue my recovery. When I mentioned a pain in my right heel, she said I should have no significant pain with the pain killers I am taking. So it was off to the hospital for X-rays. I have had so many X-rays and CT scans in the last two weeks, I should glow. The X-rays show that I have a stress fracture to a bone just forward of my right heel. Now I have to go to an orthopedic doctor to be fitted for an orthopedic boot so my foot will heal properly. The doctor also said I should be doing NOTHING, since I had multiple rib fractures! Pray for Barb!
More fun and games!

No comments: